Monday, November 3, 2008

A cracker that burst too loud...

IT was a Diwali that my colleague-friend would like to forget as soon as possible. The festival of lights has doomed darkness for him; that charm has evaded though trying hard to keep a smile on his face.

He is trying to keep himself occupy with work, but still the thoughts somehow sneeks into his 'busy' mind.

Just a few days before the Diwali, his life was rocked with the news of his fiancée's sudden death. I don't know the exact cause but that incident came like a storm in which everything got blown away. He says, "Mujhe abb pata chala ki dukh kise kehte hai.

"Till now, whatever I have seen is nothing as compared to this. Nothing has hit me so hard." He has always been a big flirt in his entire life, that is what he used to tell me. He has had affairs with en number of girls.
"But this was one girl for whom I was ready to spend my entire life," he confesses. "I never felt like looking at any other girl after meeting her."

This is one of the wonders of having your Mr/Ms Perfect in life. It's a magical and the best feeling one can ever experience. My heart goes out to him especially because it was a match he had to wait for 35 years to find. He was really struggling to find a proper arrange-marraige girl. And when he finally got it, destiny gave death in return.

It comes as a shock for me because those things are still fresh in my mind when he announced his engagement a month ago.

My friend still thinks it was one of those bad dreams in his sleep. But unfortunately, it isn't. Almost a week has passed since Diwali but all is still not well with him yet.

I don't know what he will decide for his future... Will he think of marrying someone again? Will he have similar feelings for anyone else? I sincerely hope he comes back to normalcy soon.

When tragedy strucks, we tend to put off living. I hope it is not the case here.

2 comments:

Deya said...

I din read this article before... I am so sorry for your friend..

All That Bytes said...

Hey nevermind. Good news is that he is marrying on March 6. I am so happy for him. God is great.