Monday, October 6, 2008

When I sold my guitar…

WE often miss those things most when they are not there. I am in a similar state these days after I sold my guitar.

It was one of the toughest decisions of my life. It was certainly not easy for me to let away my guitar after taking care of it for almost five years. I used to always ask for another chair to keep my guitar, whenever I hanged around with my friends in hotels or anywhere. It was like my girlfriend.

There are so many sweet memories that are hard to detach from me. Like playing it all day in college and in between the lectures; getting dedications from friends and even from professors and teachers sometimes. Playing the guitar for my girlfriend on my first official date at a restaurant in Bandra was so special. At times I might forget to carry a book to college but never my guitar. It was that special.

My guitar was very much part in establishing my identity. Apart from just being getting noticed, it helped immensely in developing my confidence.

We would be the toast for the inter-collegiate and youth festivals. Fresher’s or farewell party were the prime days when we were loved and adored with all the attention and accolades. It was such a great feeling. An artist, after all, thrives for a round-of-applause.


But suddenly, it all ended after my college was over. My guitar hanged behind the cupboard of my bedroom where no one would notice it.

In all these years after passing out, I hardly remember the last time I opened my, forget even playing it. I don’t know why I did this. Time was just an excuse. There was no motivation left, in fact.
Probably, that is why I decided to sell it off because it was just not happening. There was no more that touch left in it. Or perhaps I am now concentrating on my classical singing, which may have prompted me to take this step.
I handed my guitar to a dear friend at a musical instrument shop near Metro theatre in town after a little repair. Coincidentally, it all ended from where it had started.

4 comments:

Deya said...

"I hate U" nonsense!!

All That Bytes said...

I did not see any other options. It was increasingly tough to concentrate on two things at a time, especially after I knew what I wanted to be. I havent given up on guitar totally.

Deya said...

dnt gimme explainations!! I jst cnt beleive dis!! :O

Unknown said...

sorry to hear that, but kya kar sakte hain hum zindagi mein aage badna padta hain sirjee.